Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Joys of parenting

You just know your day is going to be great when one of your kids wakes up 45minutes early throwing a tantrum.
WHy he was up 45minutes early?! Who knows! He says it was cause he was "dreading going to school." So he didn't want to go to school. I told him to go back to bed then, he didn't listen! He got up turned every light on in the light and started banging around the kitchen waking everyone else up! UGH
I had to ask him what this was all about. "I want to HAVE recess!"
"OK?" I was a little confused.
Well it turns out he hasn't had recess in a few days because he and his wonderful friends are always caught goofing off during class, "not following procedures" and then have to walk laps during recess instead of playing. LOL
So follow the rules and you won't get in trouble!
"I don't remember what they are"
Oh boy!

Later on this evening after school as we were getting ready for church activities Daniel disappeared into the bathroom and came out a few minutes later with spiked hair all neatly styled and hair sprayed. I commented on how I liked it. His reply "I did it for you. I just wanted you to like me today since you really didn't want me this morning." Poor boy! I assured him I liked him even loved him even when I was mad at him.
this boy cracks me up!!

1 comment:

The Stewarts said...

lol!! I some what can't wait for these moments, but at the same time I sure can!!