Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy ten yrs!

Ten years ago I married the most adorable guy around! Little did I know what I was in for, but what young wife does. Over the years I have come to love my soldier boy more than the day we were married. I love you Jake!

Here are ten reasons I love you1. Physical appearance- Your red hair, blues eyes, and surprisingly muscular build turned my head. I love being safely wrapped in your strong arms2. Passion for the gospel- listening to your knowledge and passion for what you believed made me want to be a better person. 3. Selflessness- "It's just stuff" has been your motto. I have never been able/willing to be as generous with my time and means as you are. You selflessly give of yourself everyday for me and the kids, putting aside your wants and needs to provide for ours.
4. Need for knowledge- You always have a book at hands reach, or are researching something. You are never satisfied with what you know. You always want to know more5. Patient- both in temper and with time. You handle situations much better than I do. You take the time to understand the situation and give the benefit of the doubt. You rarely raise your voice in anger. Some days I think you would make a better nurturer than me.6. Encouraging- no matter what the project of the hour is you never laugh at me, or discourage me from trying something new. We may not work well together YET while building and designing things but you try. You always find a way to make others feel good about themselves.7. Patriotism- You know who you are! You know you are a Roecker and try to stand true to that name. You are proud to be American and serve your country with whole heart. You fight daily to preserve freedom and to educate others on the roles they have as citizens, and follow soldiers.8. Pigheaded- the first day I met you I was so upset with your stubborn views. I love that hard head you have! You are not so easily swayed. Makes for many great disagreements ;-P9. Laughter- You have always made me laugh! You help lighten my moods (even if I don't always admit it). You make life that much more fun! Your silly games, jokes, and weird sense of humor keep this house light hearted and full of light!10. ADD- you don't think like everyone else. You always find some sort of solution that others might not have seen. It may be a harder way but it always works and improves our lives. Your "outside the box...what box" mentality has never been a handicap or disability it has been a strength in our relationship.

So there you have it! I am madly in love with you! "To infinity and beyond"

For our ten year gift to one another we had your photos taken in our wedding outfits. Corny I know but we had fun doing it and will do it again sometime in the future.

5 comments:

KellyLady said...

Congrats on 10 years! And I don't think it's corny at all!

Unknown said...

You guys are Awesome!! Keep it up! love the cornyness!

The Favorite said...

Congratulations!!!!!
10 years, crazy that I knew you then :)

Krista said...

That is so entirely Awesome, Chrissy! What a lucky couple you are ;)

kimball said...

I am so glad I clicked onto this blog. I am so proud of my nephew Jacob. What a great marriage and family. Your most recent family picture is beautiful. Kimball Hawkins