Thursday, April 23, 2009

Not ready....

My boys have always been good about going to the bathroom when put on a toilet but not so good about telling you they have to go. However Daniel was a hundred times easier to train than Liza, but I am not ready for Rainey to grow up! I have searched high and low and have yet to find a size four Pampers diaper. All the stores here are OUT! My babies have extremely sensitive bottoms and get infections and serious butt rashes if they wear any other diaper. So we enter a new stage in Rainey's life-toilet training.
Day one I learned kiddy seats that fit on top of the regular seats don't work for him, something about it makes him too comfortable and he doesn't go. He doesn't like to pee outside on trees, or in the grass.
Day two I have learned it is OK to bribe him to go potty with candy from time to time if I KNOW he has to go. And I need to trust my instincts.

Funny how you forget all these things in such a short time between each kid! Timing isn't the greatest on this as we leave in 8days for our Canada/Utah trip, but we will see how he does, so far not bad!

2 comments:

snowann said...

Good luck with the potty training! We are excited to see you guys!

Krista said...

how DID he do on the trip?