Saturday, September 06, 2008

Public education is good for something...

Liza has been in school for three weeks now. They finally "started first grade math," they have health walks every everyday twice around the park, they sell pickles as a fund raiser (Yuck), and they teach nutrition.
This week I guess someone came to their class with a plate of yummy fruits and veggies. Liza is my anti-nutrition baby. She will eat corn, green beans, the just the very tips- the knobby round part of the broccoli, and she drinks most fruit juices. She tried some of the stuff on the tray- brake through #1! She liked it! #2 She asked for more #3!!
She walked in after school very excited about it all. She walked in carrying a carrot. I was very curious about it and asked her. She told me to watch, she put it in her mouth and chewed it up without making any faces. She then told me about the class, and how she asked if she could take one home so she could show her mom that she likes them. LOL She couldn't just take one out of the fridge and show me :)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

well that is cool! i have hope for ambrose's future now :)

Anonymous said...

Why would she think you had any in the fridge? She has never gone in there looking for them. Now she knows they are good show her where they are and the other veggies too. Maybe she will try them as well. Here's hoping.

Teresa said...

Chrissy-
I am just catching up on blogs tonight, and reading yours about your job. I total am feeling the same thing as far as finances. Taking our salary and cola from Germany away has been very hard. I haven't considered a job because Steve travels so much, but I commend you for working, especially at a pizza place. I loved working at McDonalds when I did. You get to interact with the people and keep the stress of other types of jobs out of your life. Way to go. I hope you can go back to full time Mom soon, but good for you for taking on the responsibility when it was needed. your awesome.

Dian's Blog said...

Yeah the Roecker are awesome, you kids make me laugh so hard, oh my goodness. I love Eliza, she is so her father daughter. Anyways I am happy you are enjoying work!!!