Saturday, April 12, 2008

It never fails....

when Jake is out of town something always happens. We spent a chunk of last night in the emergency room with Rainey. I had given Rainey a peppermint and he had a reaction to it. His face was all red and puffy, and where he had drooled down his stomach and on his leg he was red and swollen. Turns out it had cinnamon in it. Come to find out Rainey does not have a food allergy but a contact allergy to cinnamon. They gave him a shot of Benadryl and gave me a lecture about giving small children hard candies, and sent him home screaming, .

It looks like there is no more cinnamon in this family. First Daniel and now Rainey. I love cinnamon!!

6 comments:

Ully Family said...

That and vanilla are your two favorite things to bake with. Poor Chrissy!!! Hopefully you learned your lesson. Giving hard candies to a little kid! Shame on you!!! =) Hope Rainey heals up quickly.
Love you!

B said...

YIKES! What a scare. Glad to hear everyone is alright, but not having cinnamon in the house wouldn't be a happy day for me. I suppose you'll just have to find a sub for those days you bake up a storm.

KellyLady said...

Oh Chrissy! Glad everything worked out ok! Give him a kiss for us

Stephanie said...

wow! that is scary but great that it is all resolved and figured out. give that cutie a kiss from me!

Roeckers said...

Talk about it! I have been craving cinnamon rolls! What can you sub for cinnamon in cinnamon rolls?? I guess I will just have to make it while the boys are in bed and eat the whole pan to myself;)
Baking with no cinnamon for the boys and no chocolate for Jake. What a bore!

Olson Clan said...

Sorry Chrissy :( Weird, both Seri and Sariah would get red wherever cinnamon candies or strawberries would touch them. So when they had a candy and drooled it they would have raised-red trails down wherever it hit. Seri grew out of it, hopefully sariah and your boys will too.