Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Life of a 2yr old...

The past two days Rainey has been an complete angel! He loves his Mama! He comes in in the morning to snuggle with me in bed and I have to find ways to keep him there or else I have to get out of bed (I am so not a morning person). So I have a few books stashed to read and I make up games to play that give me a few more minutes in bed. Today we counted to ten singing "one, two buckle my shoe..." as I tickled his foot "three, four shut the door" as I take his arm and pretend to shot the door, "five, six pick up sticks" as I pretend to pick up sticks in his ticklish belly and under his arms, "seven eight lay them straight", drawing line on him "nine ten big fat hen" as I tickle his chubby belly. He loved it!He loves me! He tells me a hundred time a day he loves me at random times. He cocks his side to the side, gives me the smile he reserves only for me and flashes a small dimple on his right cheek "I wuuuvv U!" Who could resist that?
Matter of fact he loves me so much he has started a new thing. The past two days I have had to leave during nap time for appointments. He has had to wake up to a sitter. These sitters are people he loves and adores! Hugs and kisses every time he seems them. One of them bought him a puppy dog that he now drags everywhere and sleeps with. He sees them regularly. Well upon realizing I am gone he starts to scream. I mean full on not listening crocidle tears, red in the face, gasping for air screaming. Miss Meghan had to listen to this and her own baby who was not sure what was going on for 90minutes. Mikkel managed to get Liza to calm him down but then he would burst into tears periodically allowing only Liza to calm him for a few minutes (but she tired of this rather quickly). He even screamed when I went to take Mikkel home and left him at home with Dad!What am I to do? He needs to get a grip. Jake is only going to make it home early one night this week and rest of the evenings he will have to deal with a sitter (I work Wed, Thur, and Sat, Fri is temple night). I am going to have to start paying my sitters more if he keeps this up and I want them to keep coming back. Hopefully this is just a phase...

4 comments:

B said...

That last picture is priceless! Oh, feel the love. Feel the love. I'd laugh, but then everyone would be able to rub it in my face when one of the babes does that to me. So I'm very serious about all of this.

Ruby in the Rough said...

Yikes. Oh, two-year-olds and their attachments. As I first started reading this blog I'm like, oh yeah, Liesl and Rainey would be a good match. Then I read about his tantrums. Yeah? We might have to rethink this contract. ;)

Just kidding. Tonight, rather then eat dinner, Liesl wanted to shove packing peanuts up her nose. Great. Just great.

My mom sprayed a bit of her perfume on my blankie when she left me at a sitters. Perhaps leave them with an old shirt? This is presuming you are warning him that he will not be waking up to you. But sheesh, I can't imagine that kind of trouble. Good luck, whatever you do!

Ruby in the Rough said...

Oh, it's good to see a picture of you, by the way! You look beatiful as always!

craftedbylindy said...

That's too bad but at the same time it's nice to be loved! The last picture is too cute!