Thursday, January 24, 2008

MLK day



Eliza gave us a lesson on Martin Luther King. They had read a book and watched a movie in class so she spent ten minutes explaining who he was. She then watched the "I have a dream" speech 2-3times on YouTube.

After an educational lesson from Liza we decide to go sledding down Old Main on USU campus. It was fun. We were sure it would be a bust for the kids but they had a blast. Liza and Daniel went down the hill by themselves. Unfortunately it wasn't as fun for me as I sat an watched Rainey who went down twice with Jake (we had a lack of sleds, and I feared dumping Rainey somewhere along the way). However, I did take a run 3-4times. It was fun and very cold. Here are a few pictures of our fun day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have some of the fondest memories of the toboggan hills in the coulees, chills, spills and all. It looks like you all had fun. King is also one of the men in American history I admire. And his dream speech is so moving. I am glad Eliza could tell you all about him. We don't rally have anyone like him in our history in Canada.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had lots of fun, i wish I could have played out in the cold with you guys, okay maybe not since i hate the cold, but it still looked like fun. And Eliza better tell me about MLK someday, and your kids are growing up way to fast with out me:(