Friday, July 13, 2007

My new baby



So I am so excited that I am finally able to have a garden. (Thanks Mom Susan!) I am not much of a gardener. I have killed everything I have ever planted. I tried several times in Germany and nothing ever came of my planter boxes. So this year I am super excited that IT'S WORKING!! I have a baby zucchini.

I have planted zucchini, cucumbers, and two kinds of melons, peas and rhubarb. I planted carrots also but still no sign of them, so I guess they were duds. We also started a compost to help add some nutrients to the clay like dirt we have, and we imported some worms into our garden. It has been a fun project. I look forward to enjoying the fruits of my labors :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

oh cute!! MY zucchini plant hasn';t sprouted any babies yet, maybe soon! Hey and you still need to send me your address for hte cute necklace I made with your cute beads!!
kryskamp@gmail.com